Natural Hair Styles for Little Girls: Cornrows & Twist Out - Flat Twists & Twist Out

Click pictures to enlarge
Miss A had some of her cousins over this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised when they asked me to do their hair! Even the little 3-year-old! I mean, what 3 year old do you know who actually wants to sit still to have their hair styled? I know my soon-to-be 3 year old son wants no part of hair time. 

I styled Miss A's older cousin first. She is 9 years old and really wanted to wear her hair out and curly. I washed her hair with Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo and conditioned with Bee Mine Daily Moisturizing Conditioner. After I rinsed the conditioner I applied a generous amount of Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to her hair, focusing on her edges and ends. I began by parting the first section of hair to cornrow near her right temple. Using a metal rat tail comb, I parted at a slight angle. I applied a small amount of Bee Mine Curly Butter to each section before cornrowing for a little hold. I loosely tied off the end of each cornrow with a black rubberband. I cornrowed a total of 6 sections. Every 2 cornrows, I applied a small amount of Bee Mine Curly Butter and twisted the loose hair together. After I finished the top I just used my fingers to grab a medium amount of hair and twist them together, once again, using Bee Mine Curly Butter. 


The next morning I removed the two strand twists and these are the results (below). I love how it turned out! This was her first time ever wearing her hair out like this so she was very excited.

Below is Miss A's 3 year old cousin. She wanted me to do her hair like her "sissy". I decided to keep it quick and simple. I parted small section of her hair and decided to do flat twists instead of cornrows because her hair is on the fine, thin side. I used Bee Mine Curly Butter on her hair as well. I twisted the rest of her hair and removed the twists in the A.M. Below are the results. :-) 





Miss A was also wearing a twist out. I used Bee Mine Curly Butter on about 8 large twists. 

Don't forget, our Bee Mine Discount code is still good through the end of this month (March). The code is BBBJAN and you will receive 10% off at www.beemineproducts.com

I hope you enjoyed this post! :-)

xoxo, Nik
Don't forget to "like" us on Facebook! CLICK HERE!